Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Keeping the Chain Alive!

The holiday season is approaching, and that means I have a lot more free time on my hands! I've been busy lately and this blog has been neglected, but I will try to make reparations in the best way possible: with a blog chain! YAY!

Recently I was tagged in a chain by author Rob Lopez, and I am more than happy to keep this one alive! However, the questions involve my next book, which is very secretive at the moment, so I'm not sure I'll be able to answer these questions in much detail, but I'll try...

What is the title of your next book?

Sorry, I can't say.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

A previous job I had.

What genre does your book fall under?

Like my other books, it's a dark comedy. However, unlike Text Me, Guido and Fifty Shades of Azzurri, it's written in a conventional style. No reliance on dialogue or text-messages this time--which I guess is a good thing for those of you opposed to originality.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

It's fitting that this question is here, because the novel actually began as a screenplay I finished two years ago. I shopped it around, but the furthest it got was in the hands of some talent agency in Santa Monica. Ah, well. I had envisioned Steve Carell in the lead role, with supporting roles by Jim Carrey, Roseanne Barr (HAHAHA), and John Goodman, in a sort of homage to his character in The Big Lebowski, Walter Sobchak.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Again, can't answer.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-published.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

The novel is not done yet, but the script was finished two years ago. It's just a matter of converting the script into novel form. It's harder than it sounds, but hopefully I can get it done within the next six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can't say I'm aware of any other books quite like it, although there are definitely similarities to films (see below).

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I began writing it almost immediately after watching Punch-Drunk Love. The best way I can describe it is a cross between Punch Drunk Love, Blue Velvet, and The Big Lebowski. Weird, I know. But hilarious (or so I like to believe).

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Be prepared for an absurd comedy that takes place in the modern world of Youtube. That's all I can say ;)

Now over to author Jim Larranga's book blog to continue the chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment